Reports to: Under the auspices of the SSAC, the Administrator will report to the SSNAP Director and Chair of Committee
Job purpose: To perform a range of administrative tasks in support of the Salt Spring National Art Prize.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary duties associated with this position are as follows:
- Attending and collecting minutes at SSNAP meetings, in addition to supporting the work of SSNAP committees
- Preparing reports for the SSAC (Salt Spring Arts Council)
- Providing logistical support for events
- Monitoring and responding to phone calls during the four month submission period Performing an active role generating, and distributing promotional copy through social media
- Providing administrative and logistics assistance to the SSNAP jurors
- Assisting the SSNAP Analyst and submission committee with the background research and vetting of SSNAP applicants to ensure adherence to eligibility guidelines
The successful applicant will have extensive experience with performing a range of administrative tasks including minute-taking and digital file management in addition to demonstrating a fluency in the associated applications i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel etc .
The applicant will also be adept at writing, organizing and releasing posts and information relevant to SSNAP through various social media channels.
Additional skills include experience with web-based research, and being an effective communicator.
As this position is performed off-site, the applicant must have their own computer and reliable internet access.
This one year (renewable) term position is performed remotely at the employee’s home/office with occasional attendance of meetings, all conducted on-island. The monthly time commitment will vary dependent upon the lifecycle of SSNAP and its associated events.
The following competencies are associated with this position:
• Achieving business results through planning, organizing and coordinating
• Personal effectiveness demonstrated through flexibility and organizational commitment • Interpersonal relationships indicated through confident interaction and teamwork
Please send resume and cover letter, including 3 references to:
SSNAP Hiring Committee, Salt Spring Arts Council
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 5pm