Individual or Group Projects
Next Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Based on Salt Spring Island and of cultural benefit to the island
- An artistic or cultural endeavour within the mandate of the SSAC – e.g. the visual, performing and literary arts.
- Applicant(s) members of the SSAC
- must submit an application form, available online or from the SSAC office
Average Grant Levels: $300 – $800
Objectives: To assist individuals and groups to undertake projects of cultural benefit to the community
Description: This program fosters innovation, creativity and experimentation in the arts and sharing those experiences with members of the larger Salt Spring Island community. With limited funding, the funding program is not able to support annually recurring events. Rather it seeks to catalyze new artistic approaches and collaborations and facilitate the public performance and exhibits of those initiatives. While not a condition of eligibility, applicants are encouraged to use Mahon Hall as the venue for public exhibits and performances.
Application Process: You may use the form below to submit your application. Please ensure you have collected all the relevant project information, attachments, and completed budget form before you begin the application.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GRANTS ASSIST ARTS PRACTITIONERS AND ART TEACHERS TO FURTHER THEIR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Funding contributes towards the cost of short-term courses or workshops offered by off island or on island by instructors from off-island.
Professional Development education must provide an opportunity for artistic enrichment and growth.
Applicants must practise and/or teach in their arts discipline, have been Salt Spring Island residents for three or more years and be members of the Arts Council.
For more information or to apply for a grant:
- Fill out the online application form below.
- Or, download the documents below. Forms are fillable pdfs – please download, complete form, save and submit via email to email@example.com.