Setting Up Your Directory Profile
* Please be patient as we update these instructions. Our Directory has recently undergone an update, and we are in the process of updating these instructions accordingly. Thanks!
The Directory is available only to SSAC Members – your membership must be valid. You will first become a site user, by choosing a user name and password. Then you enter the site, input your Coupon Code and, access your Account Area where you will set up, or edit, your public Profile. Each time you create or change your profile it must be approved by the Site Admin before it goes live (this protects the site from unwanted content). Please keep in mind that you won’t see your live site instantaneously.
Before you Begin:
Gather your digital materials:
- Bio and/ or Artist Statement
- Supporting materials: Images, videos or music files. Image files will show best if they are edited to the same height dimensions.
- **Images: It’s highly recommended that you upload web-friendly images: between 100-700kb size files and no more than 1MB (smaller files load faster for the viewer). Consider editing your images to be no more than 600 – 1000 dpi in height.
- You will need 5-10 minutes to create your profile.
Here’s the Link: https://ssartscouncil.com/directory/
Step by step:
- Fill in your name, email, and create a password. Complete the “sum of” section.Click the box under “Free with SSAC Membership” titled “Select”. It should turn green. This is very important! Finally, click “Register”.
- The website will take you to a the login page. Your account is in our system and just needs authenticating. Enter your name and password and login.
- You will be taken to a new screen. Click the bold text, and enter the coupon code emailed or mailed to you by the office, or that you received when you registered as a member online.
- You are now authenticated and able to log in!
- Once you have logged in, you will be taken to your dashboard. This is your homepage to create and edit your directory listing. To begin, look for “Create Artist Profile” in the toolbar on the left.
- You are now creating your listing! Put your name or the name of your brand in the title, place your bio in the description, and click on the numbered boxes to enter more information.
- When you’re satisfied, click “Save”. The website does not automatically save your work, so be sure not to miss this step!
- You have completed the directory setup! If you are satisfied, there’s no need to come back–customers will be able to contact you through the directory page. If you want to update your page however, just click on “Edit Artist Profile”.
- A link to your page will appear. Click the title to proceed.
- You’ll be shown a preview of your listing. Click “Edit Artist Profile” near the top of the page.
- Last, but not least… Save your page before you exit!
You’re done! Once your listing is approved by the site administrator it will be live.
You can go back and Edit Profile anytime.