The Salt Spring Arts Council seeks interested candidates for the position of Artcraft Manager 2019.
Scope of Position:
Artcraft, a long-standing program of the Salt Spring Arts Council, is comprised of a gallery and retail program showcasing the work of Gulf Island artists and craftspeople. The Artcraft Manager is primarily responsible for managing the programs and operations of Artcraft, including Artcraft, Wintercraft, and Showcases which take place between April – December (35 weeks). Salary Range is $25,000 – $30,000 dependent on qualifications.
The Artcraft Manager is responsible for:
- Day to day management of a retail/gallery venue including sales, customer service, staff supervision;
- Planning for and implementing the selection, curation and staging of Showcase Exhibitions;
- Developing an implementation plan and schedule including: advertising, communications, staffing, budgeting, submissions and registration, gallery curation and retail display;
- Ensuring good public relations policy and practice;
- Attending Committee, Board and staff meetings as required;
- Other duties in support of the SSAC and Artcraft Committee.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Demonstrated retail sales experience, with superior display and merchandising ability, and the knowledge of contemporary arts and crafts;
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal), strong leadership and ability to communicate easily and tactfully;
- Proficiency and experience with administrative procedures, inventory control, computer programs (word processing, spreadsheets, POS, etc.);
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism and ability to work effectively as a member of a small team and volunteer committee;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills: ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, manage a wide variety of tasks simultaneously and to thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- Successful candidate must be able to work flexibly, including some evenings or extended hours;
- Additional skills and experience suitable for a multi-faceted non-profit organization are an asset (graphic or web design, fundraising, event planning, etc).
Please send resume and cover letter, including 3 references to:
Artcraft Manager Hiring Committee, Salt Spring Arts Council
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 5pm
Additional Requirements: The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Record check.
Artcraft Manager Job Description: 2018.07.30.AC Manager