Title: Exhibitions Assistant
Salt Spring Arts Council, Salt Spring Island, BC
- Deadline for Applications: April 20
- The following position is open only to a full-time student who is returning to full time studies in the fall. Position subject to funding.
Overview of the Position:
The Salt Spring Arts Council (SSAC) celebrates 50 years of promoting and celebrating the arts in our vibrant community. SSAC serves our Salt Spring Island community by offering a wide array of arts programs. We operate historic Mahon Memorial Hall in the heart of Ganges village – the Hall is home to our gallery, programs and offices. The Exhibitions Assistant will gain experience working in a dynamic arts service organization by supporting the operations of the Artcraft Exhibit which opens mid-June and runs throughout the summer. Artcraft consists of numerous exhibits including the rotating Summer Showcases on the Stage, the outdoor exhibit Art on the Hall, and the retail gallery showcasing locally made fine art and craft. The Assistant will support the multi-faceted exhibit operations including set-up, inventory, promotions and design, retail and customer support, and liasing with community and with artists. The Assistant will also work to update exhibition and artist details on the SSAC website and newsletter.
Under the direction of the Artcraft Manager and the Executive Administrator:
- Support the delivery of special events for Artcraft’s 50th Anniversary
- Assist with annual Gallery set-up and artwork delivery
- Assist with Artcraft Showcase Exhibitions, hanging and receptions
- Assist with all aspects of exhibit promotions: including community engagement, social media, and website updates
- Provide customer service and retail support in the Gallery
- Assist with various Gallery duties including maintaining stock, data entry, customer service and communications with local artisans
- Deliver a consistent presence for SSAC and […]