Artists in Residence
Launched in 2016, the Artist in Residence (AiR) Program creates opportunities for working artists while fostering community engagement in the arts on Salt Spring Island.
The SSAC Artist in Residence (AiR) program is committed to the enhancement of opportunities for local, regional, national and international artists and to fostering community engagement in the arts – visual, literary and performing.
The AiR Mission
- To provide professional and emerging artists with the time and space for creativity and productivity
- To introduce visiting artists to Salt Spring and its artistic communities
- To foster the professional development of local artists and the productive collaboration and networking of SSI artists with visiting artists
- To offer the SSI community diverse engagement opportunities including public talks, workshops, performances and exhibitions
- To enhance the potential and impacts of community arts engagement (to provoke, grow participation, nurture youth, act as economic stimulus)